CHILD & YOUNG ADULT PROTECTION POLICY
- The welfare and well-being of the child/young adult is paramount.
- Every student shall be treated equally, with respect and dignity.
- Every student shall be taught within a safe environment, free from verbal, emotional and physical abuse.
- Preferably, a parent should be present during the lesson – but their child may disagree!
- A responsible adult is always welcome to be present.
- The teaching room door will be open and only closed if extraneous noise disrupts the teaching environment.
- In order to ensure correct posture and/or piano technique, sometimes a student's finger, hand or arm needs to be touched.
- The student's permission will be sought first.
- In spite of every effort and commitment to this policy, unfortunately there is always a chance of a misunderstanding between the teacher and the student.
- If the teacher or student or parent/guardian thinks that there has been any deviation from this policy, it must be brought to the attention of all relevant parties as soon as possible.
Thank you for your co-operation.